Name: Natalie Marie Janik
Height: 5’1” Weight: 108 lbs (stage) 120 ( off season)
I’m a happy married mother of 2 girls, 2 and 5 years old. I work full time as an Information Technology Supervisor. My whole life I have always been active. I always admired the girls on the cover of the Oxygen magazines, but never dreamed I could look that way. I bought my first gym membership and started training on my own in 2000. My diet consisted of a pack of Tim bits and a few fruit a day. I thought healthy eating meant it was made at home. So, like many others, no matter how hard I trained, my body never changed.
At the time I worked with a guy named Darren Mehling, a strong man competitor. Then one day at work, he walked past me and I didn’t even recognize him. He had transformed his body for an upcoming bodybuilding show. I was amazed at the changes he has made with his physique. A few month later I contacted Darren and asked him for his guidance. Darren Mehling and his wife Christina Mehling IFBB Pro are the successful owners of FREAK Fitness. Darren started training me in 2008 where I placed 1st at my very first show, all the way to my last show August 2014, NPC IFBB show where I won 2 x 1st place and won the Overall, winning me my IFBB Pro status. This was done one year and one week after I have birth to our second daughter. Im currently training for my next show in June 2015, Toronto Pro show where I will step on a Pro stage for the first time ever. Something everyone in the fitness world dreams of doing.
IFBB Pro status means an athlete has earned the highest ranking in the sport.
Trainer– Darren Mehling owner of Freak fitness
- 2008 – MABBA Novice Championship, Figure Short Division—1st place.
- 2008 – MABBA Provincial Championship, Figure Short Division—1st place.
- 2008 – IFBB International Events Qualifier, Figure Short Division— 3rd place.
- 2009 – CBBF Women’s Fitness–Figure Nationals, Figure Short Division—3rd place
- 2010 – had my first child
- 2012 – IFBB International Events Qualifier, Figure Short Division— 2nd place
- 2013 – had my second child
- 2014 – IFBB International Events Qualifier, Figure Short Division— 1st place Masters – 1st place Figure A.
- Overall Master win, IFBB pro status. (one year and one week after I gave birth).
My favorite product would have to be the White chocolate brownie flavoured REFUEL s6k protein powder. It is my favorite protein powder ever and I even bake for my kids with it and they LOVE IT!
- Computer Science Certificate
- IT Management Certificate
- IFBB Professional Athlete
Other Interesting Facts:
- I rescue dogs from a local rescue shelter and house them until they get better and find permanent homes
- I am absolutely terrified of squirrels
Facebook Page: Natalie IFBB Pro Janik, Natalie Marie Janik IFBB Pro (fan page)
Instagram/Twitter Njanik77 Natalie Janik IFBB ProWebsite: www.nataliejanikifbbpro.com