- 6 small purple sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 4 cups of quinoa flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of sweet potato water room temp
- Cube the sweet potatoes, then boil until tender.
- Pour some water into a bowl enough for just over a cup, then drain the rest and set aside
- Mash the sweet potatoes with coconut oil and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour salt and egg, start to mix slowly adding in the reserved water until dough forms a ball.
- Pour out onto a floured surface, start to kneed the flour adding a little bit if dough is too wet.
- Divide the dough into 3 sections, roll out on ball at a time to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a circle cookie cutter or a glass to cut your shapes.
- Place a circle in the palm of your hand and spoon a good amount of sweet potato filling into center.
- Fold over and press lightly around the seem ( if dough is a little dry wet fingers and run along the seem) pinch at the edges to seal.
- Lay pierogie on a damp flour paper towel and cover with another and continue to make all your piergoies ( this ensures they dont dry out while you make the rest)
- To cook place in boiling water for 8-10 minutes
- What we like to do is then heat a large frying pan with some coconut oil and diced purple onion and fry the pierogies so they have a nice crisp out side!
Try your own filling as well, have fun with it!