- 2 cans of light tuna
- 4 cups of cooked quinoa or brown rice pasta
- 1 Large tomato
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of light parmesan
- olives (optional)
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- 1 tsp of finely chopped jalapeños
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor or small blender blend basil, garlic, olive oil and parmesan, until smooth and set aside
For pasta salad:
- Cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking chop all veggies and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in tuna, mustard, lime juice and jalapeños and mix throughly.
- Once pasta is done cooking drain and run under cold water until pasta is cool.
- Add cooled pasta to mixing bowl and pesto.
- Mix throughly again so the pesto coats the whole salad, add in salt and pepper to taste.
There you have it, a great fresh lunch or dinner idea full of nutrients and goodness!!! Even chop a little avocado and place on top!
Enjoy!! Great for those hot nights in the summer!
DYNAMIS Fit Chef
Use code Jmfit for 15% off your order at the checkout!