Grow & Learn with Ginger
“The development of cognitive enhancers from plants possessing antioxidants has gained much attention due to the role of oxidative stress-induced cognitive impairment”. A new study shows that the antioxidant properties in ginger improve cognitive function, check the study out here.
We know that free radicals cause damage to cells. We know that antioxidants mitigate free radicals. So simply put, antioxidants not only protect us from the big ones (heart disease, cancer, Alzheimers and more), they also strengthen and improve all systems to reduce the risk of disease ever developing. And brain health is among them!
Other Amazing Benefits of Ginger:
- Gastrointestinal relief (help digest all that protein, fitness competitors!)
- Reduces all symptoms associated with motion sickness including dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and cold sweating
- Anti-inflammatory; great for arthritis and muscle pain or swelling
- Studies show it’s main active components (gingerols) may inhibit the growth of colorectal cancer cells AND induces cell death in ovarian cancer cells
- Boosts immune system
- Helps promote healthy sweating (great pre-workout!)
Want to understand free radicals, oxidative stress, antioxidants and what you can do? See “Free Radicals & Antioxidants 101” on my blog.
by Yvette Styner, C.H.N.
Certified Holistic Nutritionist ™